Tuesday 24 February 2009

Jesus Christ

I realise that the rest of the world probably knew these already, but since I've been an atheist from a very young age, I never troubled myself with the finer details of the gospels until now. What a strange man:

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God ... Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well ... Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

Matthew, Ch 5

Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice..'

Matthew, Ch 9

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother ... and one's foes will be members of one's own household ... Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it

Matthew, Ch 10

Like I say, funny old chap.

No comments:

Post a Comment